Chef’s Assistant/Line Cook
Piedmont Steakhouse is looking for a professional line cook to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
We are looking for someone who can excel in a fast-paced kitchen environment. Weekend availability and a reliable transportation are a must.
This person must be flexible, clean, trustworthy, organized, and work well with others with a positive attitude.
Please send a Resume via email with phone number to be considered.
• Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
• Prepare food for service (e.g., chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
• Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
• Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
• Clean up station and take care of leftover food
• Stock inventory appropriately
• Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
• Assist the Executive Chef with the management of food operations for the establishment including preparation, storage, service and inventory control
• Assist with the development and rotation of menu items and daily food specials
• Assist check-in food orders to ensure products have arrived in fresh state and to proper specifications. Ensure modifications are noted including, but not limited to product price changes, last minute product change, missing or extra product.
• Ensure all guests are given exceptional service that follows the Piedmont Steakhouse service standards and resolve any problems that arise in a courteous and timely fashion
• Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
• Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
• Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
• Familiar with industry’s best practices
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $31,397.00 – $32,396.00 per year
Please send resumes to email@example.com or apply in person at 110 E Cameron St. Culpeper, VA 22701